January 26, 2017

,

Valentine's Day Heart Stand Candy Bowl


It's a cute Valentine's Day candy bowl. It could be used for more than just Valentine's Day. Use as a centerpiece for wedding tables or for birthday party candy station or table.

This was put together using items from the Dollar Tree. The heart shaped bowl, the candle stick, and the candies all from the Dollar Tree. I even used my Cricut Explore to embellish and make it more festive!

For the main piece I spray painted the glass candle stick holder with a nickle finish and then I used E6000 to glue the heart shaped glass bowl and the glass candle stick holder together. Super easy, and a nice display piece!

Then I spruced it up using my Cricut Explore. I used the font MF I Love Glitter font for the love that I cut out of metallic red vinyl and applied to the sides of the heart shaped glass bowl. Then I decided it needed a bow, and since I'm not good at tying bows I cut one of the 3D bows from Cricut Access. That bow turned out cute! To finish it off I cut a doily that had hearts. It's from Anna Griffin's Seasonal Soiree cartridge. 

It was a fast, easy project and looks very nice.



3 comments :

  1. I adore this! What a cute inexpensive gift for a special day! Did you put a sealer on the nickel painted base? Just wondered if the paint would chip? I'm going to make a couple of these! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't put a sealer on it. The spray paint I used was Rustoleum. It's good for slick surfaces. I even tried scratching the paint off and it wasn't budging. Hope to see yours!

      Jooniper

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Hope your infusion day went ok! God bless you! I keep you in my daily prayers!

    ReplyDelete